Pancreas disease in fish (2012-2017)
With the implementation of a new national PD-legislation in 2017, the surveillance programme for pancreas disease (PD) was terminated.
The new legislation requires that all farms producing salmonids using non-treated seawater are sampled every month for testing for Salmonid alphavirus (SAV –the agent causing PD). Theresfore the previous surveillance programme was abundant and has been terminated.
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute was responsible for the surveiallance of SAV in farmed salmonids from 2012-2017.
As the National reference laboratory for PD, we keep an updated statistic on the occurrence of PD (published in Norwegian).
- Pancreas disease 2017 (pdf 2mb)
- Pancreas disease 2016 (pdf 1mb)
- Pancreas disease 2015 (pdf 2mb)
- Pancreas disease 2014 (pdf 689kb)
- Pancreas disease 2013 (pdf 1mb)
- Pancreas disease 2012 (pdf 912kb)